Have Fun, Learn More, and Be Wowed at The 2012 Philadelphia International Flower Show
Last week I attended the Flower Show press conference where Drew Becher, President, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, Mayor Nutter and others unveiled an all-new Flower Show with fantastic special effects, live floral design competitions, celebrity appearances, a new floor layout, new theme nights and features, and a host of new partners for the 2012 Philadelphia International Flower Show, “Hawaii: Islands of Aloha”.
Getting into the Hawaiian Spirit! Photo Credit: Kory Aversa
As much as I want to say that there’s a little something for everyone, I can’t, because there’s A LOT for every one at this year’s Flower Show. From fun for the whole family, Man Caves, Theme Nights, Shopping and more! In addition to the rich Hawaii themes in exhibits and entertainment, guests will enjoy these new features:
- Spectacular Center Feature with new motion graphics to magically transform sculptural forms into breaking waves and lava flows.
- Redesigned show floor plan to improve access and ease flow through the exhibits.
- Mobile Applications for Smartphones and Tablets to provide information on exhibitors, free maps, schedules, special offers, Show features, and parking advice.
- Designer’s Studio devoted to the introduction of flower varieties and inspiring designs with daily competitions and floral design demonstrations.
- Online Store to purchase Flower Show or PHS logo products and send conveniently to homes.
- Man Cave with big-screen TVs, comfortable seating, sports activities, and bar for favorite beverages, including beer and wine.
- Family Lounge with children’s activities, family crafts and the introduction of “The Lorax” movie.
- Family Day on the final Sunday will be a great way to introduce the young ones to the world of gardening.
- Free lectures and demonstrations on topics such as green roofs and walls, organic gardening, vegetables, edible landscapes, native plants, tree and lawn care, and ornamental horticulture.
- Theme Nights featuring Monday’s LGBT Night, Wedding Wednesday, and Girls Night Out. Mothers and Daughters will be invited to celebrate with the Philadelphia affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Friday.
- The Hawaii Village will offer demonstrations, crafts and merchandise in the Grand Hall that pay tribute to the people of Hawaii. Shop for handmade, natural items for home and garden.
- The culinary experience at the 2012 Flower Show will include a new guest chef, celebrities, a Hawaii-themed VIP restaurant at the center of the exhibition hall, and special Hawaii cocktails at the beverage stations.
- Expanded Shopping at the 180 shops at the Show Marketplace, Flower Show Shop and Meadowbrook Farm Store. A new Green aisle in the Marketplace will feature sustainable products for home and garden.
So mark your calendars! This year’s Flower Show will take place March 4-11 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. For information and to purchase tickets for the Flower Show, visit theflowershow.com.
Disclosure / Disclaimer: This post is brought to you with support of the Philadelphia International Flower show. Find them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter @PhilaFlowerShow
MISSED A DEAL? Check Out The Latest Related Posts